Tuesday 1 September 2009

Superfood?

This is my first proper day off in ages, which is nice, but a strange feeling. I had a lazy morning doing nothing, had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, watched the cooking channel,  then eventually decided to get up and go to join the gym (I had to quit my old one when I left my job) I am now a member of the swanky Virgin Active round the corner from my house. I had a nice 35 minute run whilst watching Murder She Wrote, then did about 15 minutes of weights P1000220and crunches. On my return home, I tried out a new purchase – a Fruitein protein shake. I chose the Acai berry (inspired by yesterday’s fruit research) and mixed it with water. It was nice, quite refreshing, and thicker than I P1000221 expected. It has only 110 calories and 10g of protein per sachet, plus heaps of vitamins and antioxidants and things. I liked it, but I’m not sure whether I’d buy it again, £1.69’s quite a lot, considering I’d probably get the same health benefits from a poached egg and some salad!
Now I plan to spend the next couple of hours tidying, sorting and rearranging my bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment