Tuesday 1 September 2009

I finally did it (sort of!)

I rode a bicycle! This is something I’ve not done for about 14 years, bikesince breaking my leg really badly as a youngster (yes, I realise I should have tried much sooner!) Yesterday Mark and I went to Battersea Park and I hired a bike. It was VERY stressful, involved a great deal of me pouting and sulking like a 4 year old and refusing to move, but eventually I sort of got there. I’m not great yet, and I haven’t really done much turning, but I could go in a straight line, and also avoid cycling into oncoming pedestrians without squealing and screeching to a halt! I feel quite proud of myself now!
We then went to Whole Foods, partly on ‘business matters’ as Mark is researching what’s cool and trendy in the world P1000218of fruit, but also because I like trying all the free samples. This time I splashed out and bought  myself a salad from the salad bar. I was really hungry so forgot to take a pic, but it had spinach, butternut squash, P1000219aubergine, mushrooms, carrot, broccoli, some beans, and tomatoes – very tasty! We also got lots of interesting fruit things – it seems that everything is all about blueberry, pomegranate and acai at the moment. We bought some ice lollies, which, in the name of research we had to test!
salad2 In the evening, we made big simple salads, with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers, tuna and sweetcorn, served with some oven baked baguette, which was a great dinner on a hot day. We then watched the Diving Bell and the Butterfly, which was a mg_startreally good film – sometimes I lose  concentration when films have subtitles, but this kept me interested throughout! Halfway through I decided I was still a little hungry, so we stopped to make cups of tea and bowls of Start for supper – yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment