Thursday 3 September 2009

Journey to the centre of hell…

P1000225 well, almost… I went to Oxford Street yesterday! I started the day with a long lie in (til 11am!) a yogurt for breakfast, followed by a trip to the gym, where I did a relatively speedy four mile run, and a few weights.

P1000226 I then made my trip into town. I did the nice bits first – I had my free Subway (free because I was there in a ‘Mystery Shopper’ capacity). I chose a 6” turkey sub on white bread, with lots of salad, extra gherkins, and some mustard, washed down with a big diet coke. Nice! I then went to John Lewis to spend a linervoucher that I’d won at work for my efforts on a particular  project. I bought a teflon reusable baking sheet, which is something I’ve been meaning to get for a while – it’s easier fruit-fibre to keep clean than a metal tray, it’s non stick, and it goes in the dishwasher! I also bought a box of the Dorset Cereal Fruit and Fibre. I confess that I only bought this because it has a ‘love it or your money back guarantee’, so unless I love it, I’ll be claiming my money back! (I am usually a big fan of fruit and fibre, so there is actually a good chance I will love it)

I then visited the big Primark. I always thought the flagship branch of topshop was bad when it came to screeching teenage girls, but Primark is horrid! I bought socks for Mark, pyjama shorts for myself, then escaped, as quickly as I P1000227 could! I bought myself a snack to keep me going (a Boots Shapers chocolate bar and lemonade) then went to M&S, which always has a calming effect. I picked up our travel money for the holiday, then made my way home. After a bowl of my new cereal (nice, but I’m not sure if I love it, the flakes aren’t crispy enough) I went to our lovely local pub, the Bread and Roses, for the monthly quiz. It’s quite a house tradition. Maybe because it was pouring with rain, or because everyone’s on holiday, the pub was really quiet, and it was only us and one other team taking part, but we still achieved one of our highest scores ever, and we beat the other team, to win 6 beers and two bottles of wine! I had one small glass when we got home, and it’s very nice wine!

P1000234 P1000235

No comments:

Post a Comment