Thursday 3 September 2009

One more day until Holiday!

P1000229 This morning I had another nice relaxing lie in, reading some more Murakami, then got up and made myself poached eggs on toast – definitely one of my favourite breakfasts!

I then sat down with the cooking channel (I love Rachel Allen!) and finished off a painting I started a few weeks back, based on a photo from last year’s holiday to Sweden. I wasn’t too sure how it was going to turn out, particularly as I seemed completely unable to mix the correct shade of blue, but I’m actually pretty happy with it.P1000231

I then had the rest of my homemade soup P1000233from the other day, then went to the gym. I got there feeling lazy and thinking I wouldn’t do much, but I still managed a 25 minute run, 10 minutes on the bike, and some weights! It’s great what you can achieve if you just keep going! (my legs are aching now though, they’ll appreciate a couple of days off!)

From the gym, I walked to Sainsbury’s, and was very excited to discover a new frozen yoghurt place called Milk In It that’s just opened, and was offering plain cones for 99p. I had to treat myself, and it was pretty good, sweetened with Agave Nectar, and not too tart.

When I got home I made some dip, as I’d got an aubergine to use up – this is one of my favourite ways to use aubergine, and it’s really simple (and adaptable)

First you prick the aubergine all over with a knife, then bake in the oven for at least 40 minutes. Once it seems well cooked and squishy, take it out and let it cool for a few minutes, then  peel off the skin. Roughly chop the gooey flesh, then stick it in the blender with a couple of tbsp of olive oil, a tbsp of lemon juice, and ideally some tahini (I didn’t have any unfortunately). You can also add some garlic paste if you have any. Blitz it until it’s creamy, then season to  taste, you can add a little chilli powder if you like. This is great served with crudites or pitta, as you would with hummus.

P1000237

P1000238

P1000239

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous picture Steph
    Have a good holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the picture!

    And how about smoked paprika instead of the chilli powder for your dip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tagged you for a Blog Award! but will understand if you're too busy to follow it through!

    ReplyDelete