Tuesday 25 August 2009

Super Tuesday

Breakfast was the same as yesterday, so I won't include a picture! I washed it down with a bottle of pepsi max as I need the fizzy caffeine hit! For lunch, I went to one of my favourite cafes, La Provence. They have a really fantastic salad bar, so I got a salad with lots of spinach, beetroot, red cabbage, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, carrots (boiled and raw grated) an egg white, and a little sweetcorn. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture, but I'm planning to go there on friday for my final lunch, seeing as I'll miss the place when I go, so I'll take a picture then! I sat in the park to eat lunch, with my good friend Andy, who works around the corner - we thought we better catch up once more before I'm no longer working in the area!
I snacked on a chocolate digestive in the afternoon to keep me going, although it did make me want more chocolate! I spent most of the afternoon profiling Russian beer drinkers - it's amazing how many beers are apparently suitable for the drinking occasion 'in the morning when you have a hangover'! The world of international market research can be fascinating sometimes!
I was also highly amused by the daily mail reader who complained about the picture on the Maoam sweet wrapper - some people take life a little too seriously!
When I got home, I did some baking - as it's my final week in the office, I've volunteered for 'doughnut thursday' - which means it's my responsibility to take in treats for the team. I made Nigella's quadruple chocolate loaf cake and a basic banana cake (not really from a recipe, just two mashed bananas, about 200g flour, 125g butter, 175g sugar, a tsp of bicarb and 1/2 tsp cinnamon) - they both seem ok, I'll take picures in the morning, if they're still looking good!
Then I had dinner, some mushrooms and courgettes fried in a little balsamic, served on top of some salad, with a poached egg on top (cooked in my poach pod which is a fantastic invention!) and a couple of pieces of Sainsbury's tomato and basil bread, which is really tasty!

Not quite finished being domestic, I decided to test out my new blender and make some houmous. I used a can of chickpeas, a good few glugs of olive oil, the juice of a lime (a lemon would have been preferable if I'd had one!) some salt and some paprika. The blender worked ok, although the mixture needed poking around a few times which wasn't ideal. But for £25 I can't complain, especially as I paid for half of it with amazon vouchers from filling in surveys!

Normally I'd want some bed time chocolate right about now, but I think the cake batter, combined with all the protein in my dinner from the egg and mushrooms, and I'm a little too full.

Off to sleep instead - early start tomorrow for the gym!

1 comment:

  1. Is that the same choc cake you made for us at Cornerstones. if so it is brilliant!

    Impressed by the hummus making.

    when are we to see pictures of these creations?

    ReplyDelete