Sunday 23 August 2009

Lazy Sunday

I love the routine of a Sunday morning at my parents' house. Being woken up with a cup of tea, mum flapping around getting ready for church, and there always being a fresh pot of coffee!
Church was really nice, and another great opportunity to catch up with friends I've not seen for a while.

After the service, we came home and I served up a roast chicken - it's always great to have an excuse to cook for people! I did it in my usual style - with wedges of lemon stuck throughout, and cooked upside down for the first half of the time to make it really juicy. Alongside we had steamed courgette, carrots, potatoes, and some schmaltzy onions I'd stuck around the edge of the chicken whilst it was roasting... yum! Here's my plate - I left my potato, but did go back for a few more onions.
This was followed by a very delicious treat - some ben & jerrys phish food frozen yogurt! It's so tasty, and only 200 calories a serving - who can argue with that?!
The rest of the day will pan out as per usual here - Dad will watch the Grand Prix, Mum will do the crossword in the paper, and both will fall asleep! I, on the other hand, will go for a run once my lunch has digested!

No comments:

Post a Comment