Sunday 23 August 2009

To Mr and Mrs Connolly

Nicola's wedding was wonderful - the bride and bridesmaids looked gorgeous, the sun was shining, and everyone had a wonderful time.

The service was really nice, and lots of members of the family contributed - and the orders of service looked very stylish in black and red and gold - you can tell Nic's a graphic designer!
They also had a lovely slideshow of pictures of the two of them throughout their relationship - this left me thinking two things - 1. They really are a beautiful couple, and 2. They must always have their camera with them!
The happy couple both looked pretty nervous, but both incredibly happy and in love. And they had a beautiful car to drive away in!
 
 
The reception was held a the nearby Bosworth Hall hotel, and after the obligatory half hour photo session, we went through for the meal. The tables were all named after places the couple have been together - I was sat at Hyde park, with a few of Nicola's other friends.
To eat, we had goats cheese as the starter (which looked lovely, but I'm not a fan of goats cheese so I just ate the salad garnish!) followed by chicken in a cream sauce with roast potatoes and vegetables - which was really nice, although I left my potato, and then the dessert was a Bailey's cheesecake (also something I'm not a fan of, so I tried a little but didn't eat much). All washed down with 3 small glasses of a very nice white wine.
 
There was a good bit of dancing at the reception, and a buffet meal in the evening, but I was still pretty stuffed from the lovely lunch and the wine (I had about 3 more glasses throughout the evening) so just stuck to mostly salad and olives, with one or two potato wedges! 
Overall, the day was a lovely opportunity to catch up with old friends, spend a bit of time with my parents, and just generally have a very nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment